10 reasons I love cats
It’s no news that I love cats. After all, I let 3 of them run all over me on a regular basis. But how can anybody not love them?
Well, if the following reasons don’t make you love them, I don’t know what would.
- They’re independent and they do whatever they want. Oh they hear me alright. I can tell by the way their ears perk up or by they way they look at me through the corner of their eyes. They just don’t like being told what to do. I don’t blame them. I don’t like being told what to do either.
- They don’t play fetch with me not because they’re stupid. It’s the contrary actually. I mean, why should they fetch their own toys when I can do it for them? If that’s not considered smart then I don’t know what is.
- They’re clean animals. They’ll even bury their waste deep deep down, as deep as the litter box would allow. And they will never ever walk around the house with dirty paws.
- It doesn’t matter if I’m trying to sleep in on the weekends. When they want food, they want it now. It’s not about what I want. It’s about what they want. But they probably get that from me.
- They do really cute things like sit on the stove, chase their own tails and snuggle with us. And they do funny things to get our attention like jump on the T.V. and on my back.
- They’re determined. When they want in they want in. This means we can never sleep with the door closed.
- They know how to open my closet doors because they really really want to sleep on my clothes. They can sleep anywhere they want but they want my clothes. That makes me feel loved.
- They always greet us at the door and they know who we are.
- They keep me warm when I’m cold and they soothe me with their purr.
- They are never in a bad mood and can cheer me up instantly.
Oh, and they don’t talk back! Not that getting a scolding means anything to them. Okay, that’s more than 10 reasons but really, I can probably rhyme off 100 reasons. But for your sake I’ll just stop right now.
So…love them yet?
Maybe this picture will help.